Monday 11 June 2012

a virtuous woman....

On  a spiritual tip this morning, mamelani...

Being a woman of substance is very hard nowadays. The word we live in is filled with so much darkness and moral decay. Despite that I strive to be the best woman I can be, I have faults and I have my moments of weakness but what consoles me is the fact that I know what the Lord wants me to be, he wants me to be a virtuous woman who can can withstand anything and everything.
I am a mother and in a committed relationship and whenever I am confronted with troubles that seem too much for me to bear, I remember my worth and my duty as a mother and a partner.
In Proverbs 31: 10-17 he tells us the kind of mothers and wives we should be.


Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.

I find solace in these words and I know that being this woman is going to take some work but I know that the Lord will mold and shape me into a virtuous woman whose worth will be recognised and appreciated by those I come into contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment